Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dear Santa.....

A few nights ago, Kohen and I were snuggling in bed reading books. Ok. So we weren't reading books.....we were reading the Target toy catalogue. I told you, the kids never put the thing DOWN! But anyway. We were snuggling and chatting when all of a sudden he asked why Daddy has to go to work everyday. I answered that Daddy goes to the office everyday so Mommy can stay home and take care of he and his sister. I said that Mommy DIDN'T have to work because Daddy worked enough for the both of us. As soon as I said it, I knew that wasn't the 'right way' to put it. After all, as mothers we hold numerous job titles. We are chauffeurs, nutritionists, waitresses, referees, cooks, repairmen, secretaries, janitors, nurses, psychologists, teachers, attorneys, you get the point. But, I tried to keep the answer short and sweet. I simply said, Daddy works so Mommy doesn't have to. He looked up at me and point blank said, "But Mommy! You DO work!" I thought, YES! He sees all the above mentionned things I do and is FINALLY going to give me some credit! When he simply said "Sick-sick fibrosis. THAT'S your job!!" (Which, how fitting, is what he calls cystic fibrosis). Punched in the gut doesn't even BEGIN to explain how I felt at that moment. He always sees things so unbelievably clear. Out of the mouths of babes, right? And you know what? I couldn't ask for a more meaningful job. I will continue working for/with/against 'sick-sick fibrosis' until it is no more. Until all the men and women who are researching every day for our cure have finally struck GOLD. My baby DESERVES that gold. So, Santa, my list for you is pretty short this year. PLEASE CURE CF.

No comments:

Post a Comment