Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wish List.....

Honestly, where does the time go?! October has come and gone, and here we are already planning our Thanksgiving dinner.....ugh. And of course, the kids are already circling EVERY toy in EVERY catalogue/ad that comes in the mail. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring the 'I want THAT!' I hear in response to every random toy commercial on TV. It's gotten so bad that Rylan (always mimmicking her big brother) the other day shouted 'HEY! I want that!' at the TV during a DOWNY commercial. Huh??? Not sure if it was the soft sheets she wanted or the happy smiley mommy, seeing as though I had just found a spilled sippy cup behind the rocking chair with some sort of purple liquid oozing all over the carpet. AHHH, the joys.....

To add to the chaos of watching 3 kids every day, trying to keep the house SEMI clean (since the realtor may call at absolutely ANY second, usually with about a 10 minute warning before a family wants to come through the house), busing kids to and from school and doctor appointments, we have decided to take in another little munchkin during the day. This definitely wasn't planned, but I couldn't be happier about the decision. She is a little spitfire and adds a whole new energy to the house. There is a very sweet story behind it (and one that is CF related), but for now I'm going to treasure it myself and know that God has orchestrated a pretty amazing little twist to my life.....

This weekend brings some mixed emotions for me. It's a weekend packed full of CF, some I'm looking forward to and some, well, not so much. I'm SO looking forward to Friday and Saturday. Some fellow CF mama's and I (if you remember, they are one of the few reasons I'm thankful for CF) are road tripping up to Minnesota for their annual CF Education Conference. So, so, so anxious to hear all of the research updates and to just have a couple of days with the girls. Being around other people that 'get it' helps. Really helps.

And then there's Monday. The Morning of the Infant PFT. Our 1st PFT. Truthfully, I haven't even allowed myself to think about it much. I don't want to overshadow the first part of the weekend. I don't want the optimism to be drowned out by the sickness I feel in my stomach. Maybe it's because I have no idea what to expect. Maybe it's because I don't WANT to know what's going on inside her lungs. Out of sight, out of mind, right? She LOOKS fine. She SOUNDS fine. The doctor that we saw yesterday for our pre-op exam said so herself! We'd never met this doctor before, and she kept saying you would never know there's anything 'wrong' with her! Really?? I know that it was meant as a compliment. It's something I've heard numerous times before. Shoot, I'VE said it numerous times before. But honestly, it doesn't help. There IS nothing wrong with my daughter. ESPECIALLY when my daughter is in ear shot of that word. She will not grow up thinking there is ANYthing 'wrong' with her, or that she is sick, or that she is different. She will grow up as Rylan. Sweet, saucy, silly Rylan. And maybe THAT will be what makes her different. But that'll be HER choice.

And, as if ON CUE.....here comes Ry with her toy catalogue in hand asking for a pen. Too stinking funny.....it never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment