Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday.....

The people over at RSBR have been urging people to write 'Thankful Thursday' posts, which is a pretty cool tradition. So, I'm jumping on the optimism bandwagon and following suit. Plus, this is just that time of year when it's necessary to take a few moments out of your busy, hectic schedule to really think about everything we are blessed with. So many of us get so stressed out and crabby during the holidays (just ask any of the checkout clerks at your local Target, they've got GOBS of stories) that we tend to forget what this season is all about......so, here goes;

I am thankful for the release this blog has given me.
I am thankful that there are people who actually read it and are learning about CF.
I am thankful there are people who are organ donors. (Hint, hint. There's an icon over on the side of this blog.....it'll take you 2 minutes MAX!)
I am thankful that there are self-diagnosed 'non-profit junkies' in this world.
I am thankful that 2 of them run the entire Iowa chapter of the CF Foundation.
I am thankful that my daughter calls everyone honey.
I am thankful that my son knows what a 'random act of kindness' is.
I am beyond thankful for the men and women who have dedicated their lives to researching and developing drugs that will eventually lead to my daughter's cure.
I am thankful that I have a husband who 'gets me' (most of the time, anyway).
I am thankful to be an aunt AND a great aunt.
I am thankful to have a baby goddaughter.....she is absolutely breathtaking.

And, finally, I am thankful for all of my friends and family for everything you've done for us throughout this past year. I am thankful for every penny you donated or raised. I am thankful for every supportive word spoken. I am thankful for all of your prayers. I am thankful for every single one of the emails and Facebook messages I've received with words of encouragement. I'm thankful for the shared tears and the shared smiles. I am blessed beyond belief.....

As we gear up for the New Year and another year of fundraising, I want to share a video we made for Rylan. Please feel free to share it with anyone you'd like who may want to help our efforts. 2011, I have a good feeling about you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment