Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Little Princess!!

So I’ve decided that last font hurt my eyes, so I promise before the next post I’ll tinker around a bit and find something fun to look at, yet easy on the eyeballs...***we have a friend that had lasik eye surgery and when she was recovering in the office directly afterwards, kept telling the nurse ‘my balls itch’. She didn’t quite realize what she was saying until the nurse starting giggling. Ha! I so love that story...everytime I see the word 'eyeballs', that's what I think of!***

Two years ago today, my sweet little Rylan came into our world in a fit of high pitched squeals and screams...little did I know our house would sound much the same 2 years later! Barry, being the diligent husband he is, was holding a cold washcloth on my forehead the entire time (most likely to prevent having to watch anything). I remember the second the nurses took her over to the incubater to get her all bundled up, covering my eyes with that washcloth. Everyone in the room kept urging me to look over at her but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Looking back, the obvious explanation would be that I was remembering the delivery of our son...Kohen was born 2 months early and was in the hospital for 46 days. His daddy never got to 'cut the cord' and his mommy didn't get to hold him until he was 9 days old. So, maybe this time around I was just scared? Scared that if I looked at her, I would see something that would make them wisk her away from me and start poking and prodding her and giving us scary outcome after scary outcome?? Or maybe on some weird, deep, subconscious level, I knew. I knew that she was 'different'. Different in the most beautiful of ways. 'Different' in a way that I will never be able to describe. Different in a way that when I look into her eyes, I see an old soul. I see a soul that has some sort of secret to share. A secret that SO many people in this world just don't get. I don't see 'chronic' or 'progressive', or even 'CF'. I see something I wish I had. I see courage and optimism. I see unwaivering love. I see someone that may have a 'label', but will most definitely NEVER let that 'label' define them. I see my baby girl. I see MY mom, I see my husband's mom, I see Barry and I and the love we share. I see SO many things that I wish I could put into better words...but most of all, I see my Ry Ry. Happy birthday little princess. Here's to many, many, MANY more magical birthdays!!! Mommy LOVES YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment